Citizens for Animal Protection (CAP) strives to encourage the curiosity, optimism and exuberance of children - traits often found in our puppies and kittens! Our youth humane education programs allow children to experience lessons of empathy, service and citizenship with an emphasis on responsibility and safety. Children learn how they can make a real difference in the lives of homeless animals by becoming part of the solution today!
Kids love pets and CAP loves kids!
- Humane Education – Animal themed lessons featuring a visit with a CAP Ambassador Dog
- Storytime at CAP - Children practice their reading skills and offer a bit of companionship to our homeless pets!
- Tours for Kids – See our beautiful CAP Animal Shelter & Pet Adoption Center in person or live video
- Mentoring – Service project opportunities for children and schools
- CAP Kid’s Club – For elementary age children excited about animals and wanting to help
- Adopt-a-Classroom – Teach kids to care in our community. Sponsor a classroom TODAY.
- Kids & Kritters Camps– Close encounters of an animal kind. Support educational fun with hands-on animal interactions each day.
- Birthday Parties at CAP - Celebrate your child's birthday with our furry friends. Crafts, games and shelter tour included.
Want to learn more about how you can help support educational programs and animal services like ours? Email [email protected].org. We would love to discuss sponsorship and recognition opportunities!
Together we can change the world one kid and one pet at a time.