Citizens for Animal Protection (CAP) strives to encourage the curiosity, optimism and exuberance of children - traits often found in our puppies and kittens! Our youth humane education programs allow children to experience lessons of empathy, service and citizenship with an emphasis on responsibility and safety. Children learn how they can make a real difference in the lives of homeless animals by becoming part of the solution today!
Kids love pets and CAP loves kids!
- Humane Education – Featuring a visit with a CAP Ambassador Dog
- Tours for Kids – See our beautiful CAP Animal Shelter & Pet Adoption Center
- Mentoring – Service project opportunities for children and schools
- Birthday Parties at CAP – We do all the work while you have fun!
- CAP Kid’s Club – For elementary age children excited about animals
- Adopt-a-Classroom – Teach kids to care in our community
- Kids & Kritters Camps– Close encounters of an animal kind Support educational fun that benefits our community today!
- Storytime at CAP - Thursdays 4pm-6pm during the academic school year, children practice their reading skills with the pets! - Cancelled till further notice.
- Kid's Night Out at CAP - Last Friday of every month, animal themed FUN & games will keep the kiddos entertained and kid approved dinner is included. - Cancelled till further notice.
Want to learn more about how you can help support educational programs and animal services like ours? Contact our Humane Education Coordinator. We would love to discuss sponsorship and recognition opportunities!
Together we can change the world one kid and one pet at a time.