Adopt an animal from our shelter! Before visiting the shelter, you can view the dogs and puppies, cats and kittens, rabbits, and other small animals shown available for adoption in our online adoption listings. CAP attempts to work with everyone who is interested in adopting an animal and giving it a new forever home, however CAP does reserve the right to refuse an adoption application for reasons including, but not limited to: falsified information on application, current identification and address cannot be verified or if the adoption is not in the best interest of the animal and the adopter. Información de adopción española
TEMPORARY ADOPTION PROCEDURES DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
CAP’s regular adoption procedures are currently suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. At this time, we can take in a limited number of adopter appointments.
Staff will respond as soon as possible to review your application and arrange a day & time for a meet & greet of your selected pet.
Pet Adoption Requirements
- 18 years of age with a current Drivers License or ID
- Proof of current address - Drivers License, Utility Bill, Mail, Car Insurance, etc.
- Landlord approval if you rent - please verify with your landlord what breed or size restrictions may be in place.
- Permission of all adults living at the residence
- Other animals residing with you must be current on vaccinations and dogs must be on heartworm prevention
Pet Adoption Applications
Pet Adoption Fees
- Dogs over 15lbs - $99
- Puppies (6 months and younger) - $129
- Small Dogs 15lbs and under - $129
- Cats (up to 5 years) - $50
- Senior Cats (5+ years) - $25
- Kittens (6 months and younger) - $84
- Bunnies - $45 or 2 Bunnies - $65
- Guinea Pigs $20 or 2 guinea Pigs - $30
- Ferrets $89
- Hamsters/Rats/Gerbils - $10
- Call for information on animals not listed here.
- VIP (Very Important Pet!) Program: Any animal who has been at the shelter and available for adoption for more than 1 month can be adopted for 50% of regular adoption fee.
- Special Senior Citizen (60 yrs +) No charge for an animal 7 yrs or older.
- 50% of adoption fees waived for military personnel and veterans. (proof of eligibility required)
- A second dog or puppy, adopted within 30 days of the first adoption is adoptable at a $20 discount.
- A second cat or kitten, when adopted within 30 days, is free!
- Any dog/puppy adopted at the same time as a cat/kitten will be adoptable at a $20 discount.
CHECK THE HOME PAGE FOR ANY ADOPTION PROMOTIONS AND EVENTS THAT MAY BE TAKING PLACE.
CAP adoption fees include a variety of services - age-appropriate vaccinations, canine heartworm and feline leukemia tests, spaying/neutering, deworming treatment, microchipping to name a few - the total value of which exceeds $450. In addition, these minimal adoption fees cover only part of the each animal's stay at our shelter - please help us keep adoption fees low while maintaining the high quality of care for the animals in our charge by donating and/or volunteering.