For current CAP volunteers only
Please click on the button below to manage your schedule from home
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Citizens for Animal Protection (CAP). By becoming a CAP volunteer you are making a difference in the lives of homeless animals as they wait to find their furr-ever homes!
Volunteer service hours cannot be used to satisfy court-ordered Community Service requirements. For information on how to complete court-ordered Community Service at CAP, visit our Community Service page.
- Minimum volunteer age of 14 years old.
- Attend a Volunteer Information Session and receive hands-on training.
- CAP requires a minimum volunteer commitment of 4 hours a month for 6 months.
- All volunteers under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian sign a legal release.
- Youth volunteers age 14-15 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times while in the shelter.
View our variety of volunteer opportunities HERE.
As of March 12, 2020 all Volunteer & Community Service Orientation Sessions are on Hold.
Youth Volunteers (for children ages 6-13)
CAP believes the future of our four-legged friends depends on our youth. We hope you will consider getting your children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews involved. It’s a wonderful way to learn more about animals and to enjoy the company of others who share a love for animals. To learn more about how you can help support educational programs and animal services like ours, contact our CAP Humane Education Coordinator. We would love to discuss volunteer opportunities!
Want to volunteer, but can not make the time commitment?
Students who wish to earn service hours for school, but do not meet the volunteer age requirement or cannot make a long-term commitment can download this PDF with ideas for service projects that can be completed from home. Students looking to fullfill hours must fill out and bring a verification form when bringing completed projects to the shelter.
Group/Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
Citizens for Animal Protection (CAP) offers group volunteer opportunities, please fill out a reservation form here.
Please review the following information to help determine whether a volunteer activity day at CAP is the right opportunity for your group.
- Volunteer opportunities must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Maximum group size of 15 participants.
- Minimum time commitment of 2 hours, maximum time commitment of 4 hours.
- Participants must be at least 16 years old; children may not accompany parents.
Interested in a career as a Veterinary Technician? Visit PIMA Medical Institute's website to learn more about our partnership.