For current CAP volunteers only, please click on the button below to manage your schedule from home:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Citizens for Animal Protection (CAP). By becoming a CAP volunteer you are making a difference in the lives of homeless animals as they wait to find their furr-ever homes!
Volunteer service hours cannot be used to satisfy court-ordered Community Service requirements. For information on how to complete court-ordered Community Service at CAP, visit our Community Service page.
- Minimum volunteer age of 14 years old.
- Attend a Volunteer Information Session and receive hands-on training.
- CAP requires a minimum volunteer commitment of 4 hours a month for 6 months.
- All volunteers under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian sign a legal release.
- Youth volunteers age 14-15 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times while in the shelter.
To register for a Volunteer Information Session here.
View our variety of volunteer opportunities here.
Complete a CAP volunteer application here.
Students who wish to earn service hours for school, but do not meet the volunteer age requirement or cannot make a long-term commitment can download this PDF with ideas for service projects that can be completed from home.
Group/Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
Citizens for Animal Protection (CAP) offers group volunteer opportunities, please fill out a reservation form here.
Please review the following information to help determine whether a volunteer activity day at CAP is the right opportunity for your group.
- Volunteer opportunities must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Maximum group size of 15 participants.
- Minimum time commitment of 2 hours, maximum time commitment of 4 hours.
- Participants must be at least 16 years old; children may not accompany parents.
Interested in a career as a Veterinary Technician? Visit PIMA Medical Institute's website to learn more about our partnership.