Spay/Neuter Appointments at the Cornelius Clinic are suspended until further notice.
Please read through all the details and make sure your pet is ready before making your appointment.
Does my pet qualify for spay/neuter at The Cornelius Clinic?
- Kittens must be at least 12 weeks of age and weigh at least 3 pounds
- Puppies must be at least 12 weeks of age and weigh at least 4 pounds
- No pets over 7 years of age
- No dogs over 115 lbs
- No food the night before surgery starting at 9pm
- Must have current Rabies Certificate to present. If none is shown upon drop off, a Rabies Vaccine will be given at a cost to the client of $10
- Pets must remain calm, leash walked & closely monitored indoors for 7-10 days after surgery to ensure proper healing
- No pets with known medical issues such as seizures, heart murmurs, ect.
- No aggressive pets
Is my pet considered a high-risk surgery?
Pets that are considered "high-risk" will still be accepted; however, the client assumes all responsibility and risk associated with surgery. Pets with the following conditions are considered high-risk:
- Within full-term pregnancy
- With apparent illnesses such as Upper Respiratory Infections (URI)
- Heartworm positive dogs
Forms to be filled out before surgery
- Drop Off : 7:00am-8:30am
- Pick Up : 3:30pm-5:00pm
- Note : Late pickups after 5:00pm will be subject to a $45 fee
Payment can be made in Cash or Credit Card. No Checks or Care Credit.
Prices will be announced when the Spay/Neuter Program restarts.
- We now require a $25 deposit upon making an appointment. Deposits are non-refundable.
- Appointments rescheduled by the end of business day Monday before the appointment date can have their deposit transferred to the next appointment.
- Deposits can be made by credit card over the phone or in person by cash or credit card.
Important Additional Information
- Pets found to be in heat, pregnant, or cryptorchid (undescended testicles) are subject to an additional fee of $35
- An e-collar is required for all dogs over 4 months of age & is available for purchase at $10
- If the pet is found to have fleas, a capstar tablet will be administered at a cost of $6 to the owner
- Bloodwork (CBC & Chemistries) is recommended & available at The Cornelius Clinic on Mon, Wed & Thur for $105, or on the day of surgery for $125
- Wellness services such as microchipping, vaccinations, heartworm tests, etc., can be performed the day of surgery at the request of the client.
- Please don't leave personal items (blankets, harnesses, ect) with pet on drop off.
- Dogs must arrive on a leash and cats must be a pet carrier.
- We reserved the right to decline surgical services to any animal.