Discovery Green - Discovery Green’s 11.78-acre site can be found in downtown Houston, across Avenida de las Americas from the George R. Brown Convention Center and the Hilton Americas Hotel. The park has many dog-friendly features, including the Kinder Large Dog Run and Harriet and Joe Foster Dog Runs which offer a place at the park for the four-legged family member. The dog areas have crushed gravel, fountains and seating. Open from 6AM to 11PM daily.
- Ervan Chew is located at 4502 Dunlavy. The dog zone is located adjacent to the picnic area and swimming pool. It is a fenced-in space, approximately 9,000 square feet in size and is designed to allow dogs to exercise freely.
- Levy Dog Park is located at 3801 Eastside near Kirby. The most recent renovation was finished in 2006 and includes a designated dog run. The new dog park is near the updated play equipment and the softball field.
- Maxey Park is located at 601 Maxey Road. This community park designated approximately 12 to 13 acres of parkland as a place for dogs. The area features a fenced-in space for the dogs to exercise off leash, and amenities include doggie drinking fountains, seperate areas for large and small dogs, a doggie shower, a waste disposal station and benches throughout the space.
- TC Jester Park is located at 4201 West T.C. Jester Blvd. This park boasts a 31,000-square foot run for big dogs and a 16,000-square foot run for small dogs, for a total enclosure of 1.08 acres. There are benches and dog drinking fountains in both sections.
- West Webster Park is located at 1502 West Webster. This dog park includes a 5,000-square foot dog run. Amenities for dogs and their people at West Webster Park include a drinking fountain and dog wash area.
Other Harris County Dog Parks
- Congressman Bill Archer Dog Park is located at 3201 State Highway 6 North. The dog park has 17 acres for dogs of all sizes to run off leash - large dog area is 14 acres, small dog area is 3 acres. There are also shade trees for the dogs and their owners and showers for the dogs.
- Danny Jackson Dog Park is located at 4828 1/2 Loop Central Drive, just inside the loop and just South of 59 - under the power lines, on Westpark Drive between Loop 610 and Loop Central. Large and small dog seperate areas each with a pond, new trees, benches, walking path.
- Gene Green Beltway 8 Park is located at 6500 E. Sam Houston Parkway North - the park dedicates more than four acres to canine cavorting. is divided into two sections for small (under 20 pounds) and large dogs and it includes a small pond. Each fenced area has water fountains, benches, a shaded canopy and waste disposal stations.
- Millie Bush Bark Park - Located in George Bush Park at 16756 Westheimer Parkway in West Houston, near Hwy 6 and Westheimer. Thirteen acres. Double gated & fenced, pick up bags, large and small dog areas (with large and small fire hydrants in them!) - doggie swimming ponds, water fountains, doggie showers, shade areas, benches, scattered trees, walking path, parking lot. Open 7 days a week dawn to dusk.
- Independence Dog Park is located at 3919 Liberty Drive. The park has colorful, sturdy agility equipment designed more for building confidence or just having fun, rather than for competition. Also benches, and a shade canopy.
- Southdown Dog Park is located at 2150 Countryplace Parkway. This park offers your four-legged friend open space to run free and socialize with other dogs. The whole grassy area is fenced off, and has a smaller area within it that is fenced in for dogs and puppies less than 25 pounds. The park also offers water fountains, dog waste stations and shade structures.
- Cattail Park is located at 9323 Cochran's Crossing Drive in The Woodlands. Cattail Park is on the west side of Cochrans Crossing Drive, just north of the entrance to The Palmer Clubhouse/Golfcourse. It is approximately one acre + in size. It is separated into a large dog section and a small dog section. (Per Parks Dept Rules: 25lbs and under qualifies as small). There is a water source but please bring your own drinking containers for your dog(s).
- The Bear Branch Dog located at 5200 Research Forest Drive, on the NORTH side, west of Shadowbend. It is 2+ very shady acres, and it is separated into a large dog section and a small dog section.( Per Parks Dept Rules: 25lbs and under qualifies as small ). There is water available in both areas, many benches and of course, dog waste bags and waste containers.
Ella and Friends Dog Park - Located across from 500 W 13th Street in Deer Park. A two-acre dog park in Deer Park on 13th Street next to the Jimmy Burke Activity Center. The dog must be registered with the city to be allowed in. Registration can be obtained for $5 at the Animal Shelter on Luella.